Are you a creative individual who is very passionate about the culinary industry? Do you want to be able to innovate a menu and be proud of your creations? If so, you're what we are looking for! La Villa Bakery & Café is currently seeking an experienced and passionate pastry chef to lead backroom operations of our pastry department. You will be required to mix, bake, and decorate all cakes and pastries for the in-store display and custom orders. You will also be using your creative mind to develop new desserts for the bakery.
Responsibilities - not limited to:
• Mix, bake and decorate all desserts
• Create and prepare desserts in accordance with the existent menus
• Decorate cakes and baked goods according to requirements
• Create innovative recipes and supply the demand of special orders
• Plate desserts for serving
• Creates baked goods for specific diets (gluten-free, sugar-free, diabetes-friendly, etc.)
• Inspect the quality of the ingredients and measure them for specific recipes
• Talk to suppliers and choose the ingredients needed for desserts and other baked goods
• Ensure that the kitchen equipment is in good conditions and meets all requirements
• Cleans the equipment and utensils and maintains the kitchen clean and in good order for proper functioning
• Proven baking and decorating experience
• Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high demand for production
• Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
• Familiar with industry’s best practices
Job Specifics - not limited to:
• Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift up to 50lbs
• Repetitive Action - Process merchandise, prepare and wrap bakery related product, proof dough products, bake breads, cookies and pies, stock and rotate display case, unload deliveries, operate and clean all bakery equipment and tools.
• Machines, Tools, Equipment - Fryer, ovens, bread slicer, kitchen utensils, scales, mixers, shrink film wrapper, roller racks.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the position you are applying for in the subject line. Thank you.
*Experienced preferred but not necessary.